President of the Canadain Prairies Jaguar Club ( 2021-present)
CSEG Foundation Assistant Chairman Outreach Committee (2015 – present)
Board member for the Calgary Geoscience Data Manager’s Society (2014- present)
Member of the Chief Geophysicist’s Forum (since inception in 1998 – present)
Resource member to the CSEG VIG committee (2013-2015)
President’s Advisory Committee member (2003-2012)
Vice President for the Canadian Federation of Earth Scientists, 2012
Chairman of the 2012 CSEG DoodleTrain Committee
Chairman of the 2011 CSEG DoodleTrain Curriculum Committee, Vice Chairman of DoodleTrain Committee
Member of the Guidelines for Ethical Use of Geophysical Data, APEGA sub-committee (2007-2010)
Member of the CSEG Outreach Committee (2005-2006)
- Drafted a plan for committee initiatives
- Initiated an Ambassadors program to represent the CSEG domestically and internationally.
Past President of the Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, March 2003 – March 2004
- Initiated and authored a Long Range Plan as a member of the President’s Advisory Council
President of the Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (CSEG), March 2002 – March 2003
- Implemented a series of internal policies, procedures and structure to the society
- Supported the creation of the CSEG DoodleTrain Continuing Education week.
- Requested better financial reporting and cash-flow statements
- Initiated the need for a CSEG Foundation
Vice President of the CSEG, March 2001 – March 2002
- Improved internal communication between elected Directors, Committee Chairs and the CSEG office staff.
Executive Advisor for the Geo-Canada 2000 convention, October 1998 – May 2000
- Provided general guidance and recommended identifying discretionary expenditures and determining the timing of these expenditures relative to profitability forecasting.
Co-Chairman of the Chief Geophysicists Forum, 1999
- Initiated and conducted a couple of surveys for the members.
Consulted as an advisor to an APEGGA Investigative Committee for Disciplinary Action regarding what comprised industry standard practice.
- Provided expert guidance and council
CSEG Co-Chairman of Geo-Triad ‘98
- Acted as a visionary leader for the Geo-Triad ‘98 joint convention as CSEG General Co-Chairman, by re-engineering it at a new venue with the assistance of over 130 volunteers, coordinating the interests of three societies, resulting in over $ 710,000 in net revenues
Served on the CSEG Convention Technical Committee on two separate occasions in the 1980s.
- Organized speaker mementos, secured session chairs